This tutorial covers how to activate the IIS web server on Windows 11 using the command line. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to enable IIS web server on Windows 11 using command line. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to enable IIS web server on Windows 11 using command line
According to Microsoft Docs, the Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server 2019 provides a secure, easy-to-manage, modular, and extensible platform to reliably host websites, services, and applications. Microsoft’s new version of Windows Server 2019 comes with IIS version 10, and this guide shows how to install it and how to tackle various activities like building websites, virtual directories, and more. We will start by installing IIS.
Install IIS using Windows commands
- Type cmd in the search bar and the first result should be Command Prompt. Click Run as administrator.
- Type the command DISM / online / enable-feature / featureName: IIS-DefaultDocument / All and press Enter.
- You will see a progress bar appear. Once it reaches 100.0% and the message “Operation completed successfully” appears. you can close the command prompt. IIS is installed.
- Make sure that you can open IIS Manager and that the installation worked by following steps 4 through 7 in the section Install IIS Using the GUI.
Install IIS with PowerShell
- Type powershell in the search bar and one of the results should be PowerShell ISE. Click Run as administrator.
- Enter the Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName IIS-WebServerRole -NoRestart cmdlet and run it. You will see a progress bar start. Once it is complete, verify that IIS is installed and working.
- This step is optional, but you can save it as a PowerShell script and then run it at any time. Work with the script and add different parameters. Eventually, you’ll have an IIS installer script that configures things exactly the way you want, every time, with just one click.
Final Words: How to Enable IIS Web Server on Windows 11 Using Command Line
hope you will understand this item How to enable IIS web server on Windows 11 using command line, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.